Historic Museum of Mining and historic mine "Grube Maria"
Unfortunately, individual tours and programs for groups cannot be offered this season.
Please note the following information about opening hours:
- Special opening or action days are published under "Current" or "Dates".
- Photography (also with flash and tripod) and video recordings for private purposes are permitted. For commercial photo, film, sound and television recordings, please contact our staff.
- Pets, with the exception of guide dogs, are unfortunately not allowed into the museum.
- The annual temperatures in the visitor mines are approximately constant at 12°C and the air humidity is high. Warm clothing and sturdy shoes are therefore recommended.
- Helmets and capes are available in the pit house before the tours begin.
- We recommend sturdy shoes and sturdy clothing.
Other sightseeing options:
- Local hiking guides are happy to offer guided hikes through the former mining area of Imsbach and/or on the historical circular hiking trails. Information at: Pfälzerwald-Verein e.V. (Ortsgruppe Imsbach e.V.)
- The three signposted mining history circular routes with numerous information boards about the mining past of the municipality of Imsbach can be explored on your own all year round.
- Hiking tips at www.tourenplaner-rheinland-pfalz.de